The new healing brush in Photoshop has been universally hated by any retoucher I talk to. Seems like Adobe listened "kinda" and gave us a way to roll it back with the newest Photoshop. Just have to get into prefs and a text editor. It's not as hard as it looks. The link will take you to the tech page.
Follow these steps:
- Install the Photoshop CC 2015.1 update.
- Use Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac OS) to create a plain text file.
- Type the text:
- LegacyHealingBrush161 1 into the text file for Photoshop CC 2014 and earlier healing brush algorithm (i.e. Legacy), non-realtime user interface feedback
- Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt to your Photoshop settings folder:
- Windows: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\
- Mac OS: //Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings/
Now I need a roll back to the previous liquify since the new one puts a 1 pixel grey border on anything I run it on....